The OBA was pleased to be informed by the Ministry of the Attorney General of recent improvements to their e-filing service:
The Ministry of the Attorney General has enhanced the civil claims online filing service (Ontario.ca/civilclaims) based on feedback from legal associations and users.
As of November 26, 2018, you can:
- preview uploaded documents prior to submission;
- search online transactions by the case name;
- save the confirmation screen page;
- record parties’ contact information more quickly by reducing the data entry required; and
- input six-digit phone extensions.
Additional enhancements include:
- the relocation of the Save plaintiff/defendant buttons to facilitate navigation; and
- the automatic addition of plaintiff and defendant email addresses from the initial online submission into the court’s case management system.
The ministry will continue to enhance the service based on user feedback. Please share your thoughts on the service by completing the Rate Our Service survey on the portal or emailing email@example.com.
Of particular note, these enhancements represent the next step in a series of responses the Ministry has made to comments provided by OBA Members. In addition to expanding the service across the province and allowing for the filing of defences, the Ministry has incorporated other changes noted by the OBA, like the ability to input phone extensions of up to six-digits.