The Ministry of the Attorney General (MAG) has advised that, effective August 9, the changes outlined below will be made to the Justice Services Online (JSO) platform. The OBA continues to meet with MAG and the Courts to advocate for improvements to the JSO. Any members with suggestions or feedback for improving the JSO are invited to email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Court documents that have been reviewed and accepted by court staff will be digitally date stamped and electronically issued.
- New document types will be eligible for submission through Civil Submissions Online. These include:
- a Statement of Claim where a motion was filed before commencement of an action; and
- an Order of a Court, Board, Tribunal, Municipality or ministry for Enforcement.
- A new process to schedule and generate Mandatory Information Program (MIP) notices for family court proceedings.
- The ability to provide a fee waiver certificate to a client using the court case tracking system’s email functionality (for fee waiver requests that have been filed through JSO).
- Additional contact information from representatives (i.e. lawyers, paralegals) and self-represented parties will be required when new cases are created for all business lines.