Summary of Role
The Marketing Coordinator is responsible for the planning and execution of multi-platform marketing campaigns utilizing print, digital and direct mail, for the successful delivery of campaigns targeting the Ontario Bar Association’s core deliverables: Professional Development registration, Practice Section enrollment, Public Policy promotion and OBA’s Ontario Legal Conference along with other special projects and events.
- Marketing Planning and Execution
- Prepare comprehensive multi-channel campaign marketing plans that include setting measurable goals, tactics, and a clearly defined schedule and integrate with other elements of the overall marketing plan.
- Work with creative services to develop campaign collateral.
Digital Ad Development and Copy Writing
- Prepare and write compelling copy for association advertisements, promotional materials, and other initiatives.
- Experience using AI tools, such as Chat GPT, to prompt marketing or promotional copy.
Ad Buying and Digital Optimization
- Book advertising across all media (print, digital, direct mail).
- Coordinate and execute, if appropriate (e.g., online), all ad and promotional material delivery.
- Optimize digital ad buys for maximum ROI.
- Optimize OBA’s presence across digital media and ensure optimal e-mail schedules to maximize engagement by lawyers.
Product Launch Execution
- Support the marketing team with product launches including the go to market plan and launch goals, target market identification, product positioning, internal and communication plan, hosting launch events and launch metrics to ensure success of the launch.
- Stakeholder Relationship Management
- Liaise with sponsors to ensure that contract deliverables are met
Brand Management and Reinforcement
- Ensuring OBA’s brand is properly presented at all major events and in all related collateral (e.g., signage, brochures, etc.)
- Working within Power BI to effectively track campaigns in real time.
- Reviewing the effectiveness of each campaign and assessing its outcomes against the strategic goals that had been set.
- Experience planning, deploying, and measuring effective digital, email and direct mail campaigns.
- Strong project management skills and an ability to manage concurrent, complex marketing campaigns.
- University Degree in Marketing and/or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of experience developing and executing marketing campaigns.
- 5+ years of experience with paid marketing channels and platforms (search and social being most relevant)
- 3+ years of experience running Google ad campaigns, social media ad campaigns, SEO, digital copy writing, and digital video and programmatic marketing.
- Compelling copy writer
- Assist with the company’s email marketing campaign systems such as MailChimp and analyze and report on data as needed.
- Energetic, self-motivated and results oriented.
- A dynamic team player who is diplomatic, customer-service oriented and deals effectively with conflict resolution.
- Experience in the legal and/or association marketing field is an asset.
- Bilingualism (French) is an asset.