Member Assistance Program
Mental Health Brief #3
Feeling stressed? Burnt out? Get Acquainted with Your Member Assistance Program (MAP)
Sometimes, we all need a hand. As a legal professional, you may face various mental health and wellness challenges related to your personal or work life. The MAP is here for you whenever you need it, 24/7/365. The MAP is a professional and confidential service available to lawyers, judges, paralegals, law students, and their immediate family members—to support you in quickly and efficiently resolving a vast range of problems that may impact your work performance, wellness and behaviour.
Confidentiality and exceptional clinical care are paramount to the MAP.
It offers you support that is short-term solution focused – in-person, over the phone, or online, including
- Health risk assessments, e-Learning – courses, videos/podcasts; childcare and eldercare resource locators; and,
- Lifestyle and Specialty Coaching Services, such as:
- Life Balance Solutions: childcare/parenting services; elder and family care services; relationship services; and legal and financial advisory services
- Career Smart Counselling Services: career choice and development, pre-retirement planning services, shift worker support
- Health Smart Coaching Services: nutritional counselling; smoking cessation; and 12 Weeks to Wellness
To learn more, please call 1-855-403-8922 or visit www.myassistplan.com to register and browse online services.
The Opening Remarks mental health briefs provide Ontario lawyers with wellness tips and resources from a variety of individuals speaking in their own capacity. The briefs are not a substitute for professional care. If you are in crisis, we encourage you to urgently contact a mental health service provider.