Your Member Assistance Program is Confidential
Mental Health Brief #7
Your Member Assistance Program (MAP) is Completely Confidential
The MAP, for lawyers, judges, paralegals, law students and their immediate family members, is completely confidential; guaranteed through an individual’s right to privacy protection and enforced within the limits of the law.
The MAP is available to assist you or your family members with any of your personal or workplace challenges. Whether you need help coping with stress, burnout, relationship challenges or just want some resources to help you improve or sustain your personal wellness—the MAP is here for you whenever you need it.
You can access the MAP by phone or online 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
As a reminder, the MAP offers you the following:
- Counselling support: short-term solution focused; in-person, over the phone or via the web
- Online Services: health risk assessments, e-Learning – courses, videos/podcasts; childcare and eldercare resource locators
- Telephonic Lifestyle and Specialty Coaching Services:
- Life Balance Solutions: childcare/parenting services; elder and family care services; relationship services; and legal and financial advisory services
- Career Smart Counselling Services: career choice and development, pre-retirement planning services, shift worker support
- Health Smart Coaching Services: nutritional counselling; smoking cessation; and 12 Weeks to Wellness
To learn more, please call 1-855-403-8922 or visit myassistplan.com to register and browse online services.
The Opening Remarks mental health briefs provide Ontario lawyers with wellness tips and resources from a variety of individuals speaking in their own capacity. The briefs are not a substitute for professional care. If you are in crisis, we encourage you to urgently contact a mental health service provider.