The OBA Health Law Section is pleased to announce a “Keeping Up With Health Law” series to help you stay informed about significant cases and legislative updates.
The series will involve monthly call-in sessions from 8:30am to 9:00am – just grab a coffee, sit back, and enjoy!
This series is offered free of charge for OBA Health Law Section members.
To participate, please register with Terrine Bird at email@example.com. A calendar invitation with call-in details will be sent out to registered members one week prior to each session. In the meantime, see below for a list of upcoming sessions and save the dates. Hint: It’s the 3rd Wednesday of each month.
GET INVOLVED: New and recent calls are especially encouraged to get involved. If you’re interested in presenting, please email Terrine Bird at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Wednesday, October 19th, 2022 - Aislinn Reid and Robin McKechney
2022 ONPSDT 27 (CanLII) | College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario v. Matheson | CanLII
2022 ONSC 4016 (CanLII) | Kadri v Windsor Regional Hospital | CanLII
- Wednesday, November 16th, 2022 - Nadine Tawdy and Paula Poniatowska
Spry v. Southlake Regional Health Centre et al., 2022 ONSC 1783
Gayadeen v Dvali, 2022 ONSC 5232
- Wednesday, December 21st, 2022 - Joshua Lerner and Kathryn E. Ball
Pitter v College of Nurses of Ontario and Alviano v College of Nurses of Ontario, 2022 ONSC 5513
Jinnah v Alberta Dental Association and College, 2022 ABCA 336
- Wednesday, January 18th, 2023 - Ashley Maciuk and Megan Van Kessel
Young v. College of Nurses of Ontario, 2022 ONSC 6996
Hasan v Trillium Health Centre Mississauga, 2022 ONSC 3988
- Wednesday, February 15th, 2023 - Sarah Yun and Alyssa Armstrong
New emergency class required of all Regulated Health Professions Act Colleges
Kastner v. Health Professions Appeal and Review Board, 2023 ONSC 629 (Div. Ct.)
- Wednesday, March 8th, 2023
- Wednesday, April 19th, 2023
- Wednesday, May 17th, 2023
- Wednesday, June 21st, 2023