The Governance Committee shall be a Board Committee of the OBA, with ongoing responsibility for all matters of corporate governance, including, but not limited to the following:
- Developing and recommending to the Board of Directors a set of principles to guide the Committee's actions, which are consistent with OBA's constitution, mission and Strategic Plan;
- Developing and recommending to the Board changes to, and implementation of, corporate governance structures, consistent with current standards, legal and regulatory requirements;
- Reviewing and making recommendations to the Board concerning changes to the roles, functions, responsibilities, structure and constitution of the Officers, Board, Council, Sections, Committees, Sub-Committees or other aspects of OBA;
- Reviewing and making recommendations to the Board concerning changes to, or creation or abolition of, Policies and Procedures of OBA, codes of conduct, etc.;
- Reviewing and making recommendations to the Board concerning the Committee's own mandate;
- Making recommendations to the Board concerning any matter ancillary to the above.
Regional Municipality of Durham-Legal Dept