Official Languages Committee Mandate
The Ontario Bar Association Official Languages Committee was established in the 1980s with the following mandate:
- Promote, through the OBA’s advocacy process, professional development programming and other OBA initiatives, equal access to justice in French within the justice system and the legal community in Ontario;
- Contribute to the advancement of language rights of Francophones in Ontario;
- Advise the OBA Board on Collaboration with organizations advocating for language rights and equal access to justice in French and lead the OBA collaboration efforts;
- Inform the public of their language rights in accordance with applicable legislative regimes;
- Represent the interests of French-speaking lawyers within the OBA; and
- Support the OBA Council on major language rights issues.
The Official Languages Committee is a Sub-Committee of the Public Affairs Committee.
Office of the Commissioner of Official Languages
Borden Ladner Gervais LLP
The Corporation of the City of Niagara Falls
University of Ottawa-Faculty of Law