Hyundai Auto Canada Corp. is headquartered in Markham, Ontario and is a subsidiary of Hyundai Motor Company of Korea. Hyundai markets a full line-up of award-winning vehicles from subcompact to sport utility to luxury and is committed to providing world-class vehicles that over-deliver on quality, safety, and design.
Hyundai entered the Canadian market in 1983 and has grown into one of the best-selling foreign manufacturers in Canada. Hyundai’s success can be contributed to the Company’s commitment to quality, safety and design which is reflected in the numerous awards won by our vehicles.
Our award-winning culture has been recognized through our Great Place to Work™ certification for the past 4 years. We have been able to achieve this not only thanks to the dedication and commitment of our team members to our business, but also through a variety of fun activities and opportunities throughout the year which allow us to build strong engagement! When you join Hyundai Auto Canada Corp., you will become part of an organization that promotes diversity, inclusion, and overall well-being. We offer an excellent benefits package including RSP matching, flexible start times, maternity leave top up, an attractive vehicle-lease program, demo vehicles for Managers and education support. We are committed to providing employees with an experience that will help them grow and develop professionally.
This position reports directly to the General Counsel and is responsible for the direction of significant legal matters pertaining to the Company. Additional responsibilities of this position include providing legal advice to senior management, oversight of certain litigation matters, advising on proposed business objectives, and supervision of outside counsel.
- Providing advice to management concerning day-to-day legal and compliance matters arising within the Company.
- Supporting all areas of the Company on a broad range of legal issues including within the legal disciplines of corporate law, commercial law, marketing and advertising, intellectual property, technology, privacy, employment, regulatory and compliance issues as well as competition law.
- Managing corporate/commercial legal matters, including the negotiation, preparation and management of the Company’s contracts.
- Providing advice and legal services with respect to dealer matters.
- Identifying proactive solutions that will eliminate or mitigate business risks.
- Provide support to General Counsel and external counsel on litigation matters.
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES, EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION & DESIGNATIONS
- Minimum of four (4) years of relevant experience in the same or similar positions.
- LL.B. or J.D. and be a member in good standing with the Law Society of Ontario.
- Excellent working knowledge of corporate/commercial law.
- Excellent communication (verbal & written) skills.
- High degree of critical thinking as well as analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Sharp and practical business acumen.
- Demonstrated attention to detail.
- Able to work and think collaboratively.
- Self-starter and ability to manage many matters simultaneously.
- Strong research skills.
- Bilingualism (English/French) is an asset.
Hyundai Auto Canada Corp. is partnering with BIPOC Executive Search to ensure an applicant list that has greater representation from Black, Indigenous, and People of Colour, thereby reflecting Canada’s diverse population. Interested applicants can send their resume to Helen Mekonen by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alternatively, apply through the “BIPOC Executive Search” app, which can be downloaded through the Apple Store or Google Play.
We thank everyone for their expression of interest—and are truly appreciative of the time individuals put into applying—but with the limitations of time only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), accommodation will be provided throughout the recruitment process to applicants with disabilities.