FREELANCE LEGAL WRITER AND RESEARCHER
Labour, Employment and Human Rights Law
About Lancaster House
Lancaster House is Canada's leading provider of conferences, information and analysis on labour, human rights and employment law. Our aim is to make a positive contribution to labour relations and the quality of Canadian work life. A dynamic and innovative company, Lancaster House provides information services in a variety of formats: on-line and in print, through books and newsletters, and through audio conferences, live panels, and hands-on workshops. Our seminars are attended by lawyers, union representatives, human resources professionals, academics, and adjudicators across Canada.
We are looking for enthusiastic and engaged individuals, with a broad knowledge of all aspects of labour, employment and human rights law to research and write case law and legislative summaries and commentaries. The role requires the writer/researcher to provide in-depth legal analyses and critiques in a variety of areas of labour, employment and human rights law in a style that is readable and free from legal jargon.
LL.B. or J.D. (mandatory). Experience in the field of labour, employment and/or human rights law is desirable.
- Capable of working independently while staying connected with colleagues.
- Able to organize and prioritize numerous tasks and complete them on schedule.
- Significant knowledge of various areas of labour, employment and human rights law, and the ability to provide detailed, expert legal analysis, commentary and social and legal critique of developments in jurisprudence and legislation.
- Excellent writing skills, and the ability to write to engage both lay and expert readers.
- A keen interest in labour, employment, human rights and related areas of social policy.
- Proficient in legal research using Quicklaw, CanLII and other legal databases.
- Strong academic background
Remuneration is competitive. Interested applicants should email cover letter and resume to Paula Chapman, email@example.com.
Lancaster House is an equal opportunity employer and strongly supports and values diversity in the workplace. Applications from all qualified candidates are welcome and individuals from equity-seeking groups are encouraged to apply. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.