LIFE AFTER LAW is Canada’s trusted Legal Search Authority.
22+ years developing lasting relationships with lawyers, law firms and companies
Our client is a well-funded and fast-growing technology startup positioned to become a category defining company within its hot emerging space. They are looking for an experienced employment lawyer to join their team as the first Associate General Counsel. Reporting to the Chief Business Officer and working closely with the senior leadership team, the AGC will provide advice to the company on a range of International Employment matters.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Setting up robust, locally compliant legal contracts that govern the relationships between the company’s customers and their remote employees.
- Managing the work of external local counsel in various countries to set up employment contracts.
- Working with product and engineering teams to productize these contracts such that they can be easily customized online, in a self-service manner, by the company’s customers.
- Working hand in hand with the payments team and managing the know-your-customer and know-your-business process to ensure compliance with regulations
- Contributing to the shaping of expansion plans of the company
- Getting involved in different exciting projects from time to time that draw upon your legal expertise
You are the ideal candidate if you have/are:
- 7-10 years of employment law experience obtained as in-house counsel and/ or in private practice.
- JD/LL.B. and are a member in good standing of the Law Society of Ontario
- Experience working in-house in the legal department of a well-regarded, technology company
- Experience working in a start-up environment is an asset
- Extensive experience with international employment law
- A reputation in your current workplace for being customer/client focused
- A creative problem solver that comes up with solutions to complex problems
- Flexible, can take initiative, and can move fast in a hyper-growth, constantly changing work environment
- You thrive in an in-person office environment
If this describes you, and you have a proven track record practising employment law and you are interested in getting in on the ground floor of a dynamic, fast-paced organization that provides a competitive compensation and benefits package and exciting, fun, and energizing work, send us your details!
Life After Law
1920 Yonge Street,