Job Title: Lawyer
Location: Etobicoke, Ontario
Positions to Fill: 2
Report To: Team Leader
Job Summary: We are an insurance defence firm looking for a lawyer who will maintain carriage of tort and accident benefit files and work as a junior lawyer on more complex matters.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Follow protocols regarding timely reporting to clients
- Review productions or clerks’ summaries of productions and report on these
- Attend Examinations for Discovery, Mediations, Licence Appeal Tribunal Proceedings, and other litigation events
Skills and Specifications
- Must be able to work well independently with little supervision as well as see the benefits of being part of a team
- Excellent multi-tasking and organizational skills
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Critical thinking and analysis
- Show discretion and good judgment in dealing with sensitive and confidential situations
- 1 to 5 years of experience at either a plaintiff or defence firm, exclusive articling experience.
Please send your application to email@example.com with the subject “Associate Position”.