Our top client is searching for the next member of their litigation team.
You will be a full group participant from day one. One of the few firms in Toronto that are assigned trial work by clients.
As a lawyer with 4+ years of comparable experience in a sophisticated insurance litigation practice, you will be called upon to perform legal research, prepare arguments, plead before various tribunals and inform the general strategy of your files alongside the lawyer with whom you will be working.
We are looking for candidates with an EXCELLENT academic record, EXPERIENCE working in a FAST paced team and a commitment to exceeding client expectations.
As a member of the Ontario Bar, you have demonstrated experience synthesizing complex information and crafting clear and persuasive written and oral arguments.
Compensation is best of class. You will not be disappointed
- Provide legal analysis and advice in the area of general litigation matters, insurance defence and coverage.
- Conduct research and provide analysis;
- Draft pleadings, motion materials and factums, as well as pre-trial memorandums and mediation briefs;
- Prepare correspondence to counsel opposite and clients;
- Prepare for and attend discoveries and mediations;
- Appear in court to argue motions or other adjudicative hearings.
- Attend Ontario or other Canadian Bar Association events for the purpose of professional and business development opportunities;
- Perform certain tasks related to practice management
If you are interested, please send your CV in confidence to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ben Higham, JD, LL.M.
Director of Legal Recruitment
Cartel Inc. | First Canadian Place, Suite 2550
With over 35 years of experience, Cartel is considered one of Toronto's leading employment agencies servicing the legal community. Our clients are among the most distinguished law firms and our success lies in our applicants and their desire for the perfect career match. There is no fee to register with Cartel for any employment opportunity.
We listen. We're honest. Just ask your friends. They'll tell you. Cartel. Give us a call; we really do make the difference