As a result of our continued growth, we are seeking candidates for an In House position as Counsel, Commercial Real Estate based from our Head Office in Guelph, ON.
We are searching for an accomplished Lawyer with experience in Commercial Real Estate to provide legal advice and assistance related to the commercial real estate aspects of our business (including buying, selling, financing, developing, leasing, and managing of multi-unit residential, industrial, and retail properties and clean energy projects). This position also ensures the efficient delivery of legal services as they pertain to Skyline's core real estate business while supporting our shared goal of creating meaningful value and an exceptional experience for our customers, our people, and our communities.
What we look for:
- A broad understanding of legal and business concepts relevant to the practice of commercial real estate law.
- Knowledge of all aspects of real estate transactions including i) acquisitions and dispositions and related documents to each, including agreements of purchase and sale; ii) financings and related documents; iii) title and off-title searching; iv) planning, land division and other legal development matters; v) title insurance; vi) land registration systems; vii) survey reviews; and viii) ownership structures.
- Exhibit strong skills in drafting and negotiating agreements and documents.
- Have experience with drafting, reviewing, negotiating, and providing advice on commercial lease documents.
- Have experience with various forms of business structures and commercial agreements relevant to the operation and development of commercial real estate properties.
- Possess the ability to interpret and apply statutes and case law.
- Have experience using Teraview.
- Have a of minimum 2 years legal practice experience
- Member in good standing of the Law Society of Ontario or equivalent and licensed to practice law in Canada with a willingness to become licensed in Ontario if required (required).
Why you want to work here:
- Analytical skills and ability to find creative solutions is your superpower.
- Working for a growing company that supports environmental stewardship and social responsibilities is a must for you.
- You're focused and goal driven and get a charge out of remaining extremely detail oriented.
- No task is too big or too small for you; you demonstrate a can-do attitude and appreciate the many opportunities we must learn each day (there's always something new at Skyline!).
- Operating under pressure and meeting a tight deadline is your favourite way to work.
- You're funny (or at least think you are) and that helps you to withstand stress while ensuring accuracy and thoroughness.
- You get a thrill from staying organized and time management is your “thing”.
- Being part of a great team has been your dream.
- You want to work for a company that supports work-life balance and truly cares that you are fulfilled in your life.
The Skyline Group of Companies is a fully integrated investment management organization: grounded in real estate, powered by people, and growing for the future. Every aspect of Skyline is managed with the utmost care and attention to detail, from consulting with investors to fostering a sense of community at each and every one of its properties.
We offer our employees competitive pay, benefits, paid volunteer day, on-going training, growth potential and so much more. Our workplace culture empowers staff at all levels to become involved in supporting and building vibrant communities.
Come be a part of Skyline – Building Careers and Communities!