Reporting to the Corporate Leader – Strategic & Legal Affairs who is general counsel for the Municipality, the Associate Lawyer is a key member of a team responsible for the legal, legislative and regulatory activities of the Municipality. The Associate Lawyer will be working within the team to deliver legal services alongside many other professionals in accordance with the strategic and corporate plans of the Municipality of Lakeshore while seeking ways to deliver legal services in a more efficient and effective way using technology.
Some Qualifications, Knowledge and Skills required include:
- Law degree majoring in municipal or governance law
- Lawyer Member in good standing with the Law Society of Ontario (including LLB, JD or equivalent)
- Minimum of 5 years related experience
- Experience in researching and preparing legal opinions
- Possess a good understanding and experience with demonstrated years of practice in several of the following areas of law: municipal, planning, corporate/commercial, regulatory, contracts, real estate
- Able to demonstrate effective communication, analytical, problem solving and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to interact with various stakeholders including Lakeshore Administration, Council Members, members of the public, members of tribunals, members of the legal profession, enforcement agencies, other government ministries and departments and the general public
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, internet, WestlawNext Canada, Teraview or equivalent.
For the full job description, visit Employment Opportunities on the Municipality of Lakeshore website. If interested in joining our team, apply to the job posting at https://careers.lakeshore.ca/
View full job description