LIFE AFTER LAW is Canada’s trusted Legal Search Authority.
22+ years developing lasting relationships with lawyers, law firms and companies
Our client, a world leading clean energy producer, is looking for a strategic and experienced corporate/ commercial lawyer to join its team as Assistant General Counsel. Reporting to the General Counsel the AGC will act as a strategic business partner working closely with the organization to deliver results in this fast-paced work environment.
* Note: This organization is located in a smaller centre in Ontario. Living on the shores of Lake Huron, you will be able to enjoy the outdoors and benefits of small-town living.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Providing timely advice and counsel on corporate/commercial law issues including banking, financial transactions, procurement, construction, indigenous and environmental a well as other areas of law as needed;
- Provide advice on banking and bond related matters including: revolving credit facilities with syndicated lenders, Solvency Deficiency & SERP pension LC agreements with syndicated parties to the revolving credit facilities, surety bonds, Power Trading LC facilities, trust indentures that govern bond issuances, other bond series and alternate financial security agreements;
- Acting as a strategic business partner, providing advice to senior management
You are the ideal candidate if you have/are:
- A minimum of 7-15+ years of corporate commercial law experience obtained as senior in-house counsel and / or in private practice
- JD/LL.B. and are a member in good standing of the Law Society of Ontario
- Knowledge and experience in corporate financial transactions, procurement and/or construction law is considered an asset
- Knowledge and experience working in a Regulatory environment, Indigenous Law and or Environment Law would be considered a bonus
- Strong research skills and the ability to proactively provide ideas, advice, and solutions relative to legal and business issues
- The ability to synthesize large, complex volumes of information
- A demonstrated high level of judgement and strong analytical capability
- Excellent verbal and written communication, and strong negotiation skills
- Strong relationship management skills and the ability to relate and effectively communicate with all levels, including senior management and external stakeholders
- The ability to work in a team environment and to prioritize work and effectively manage multiple competing priorities
- Flexible, and have a willingness to expand into new areas of practice as needed.
If this describes you, and you have a proven track record practicing Corporate Commercial Law, and you are interested in joining a dynamic, fast-paced, team-oriented organization that provides a competitive compensation and benefits package, and a healthy work-life balance, send us your details!
Life After Law
1920 Yonge Street,