Glentel is on a mission to enrich the lives of Canadians through connected services delivered with passion and relentless pursuit of operational efficiencies. Our Glentel retail locations across Canada are the go-to destination for all things mobile, including phones, plans, tablets and accessories. We are owned by Bell and Rogers and operate under the retail banners WIRELESSWAVE, Tbooth wireless and WIRELESS etc. (which are located in all Costco warehouses).
We have an opening for a hands-on, self-motivated individual who enjoys working in an in-house legal environment with a growing company. The ideal candidate is someone with experience in commercial leasing, employment and general corporate/commercial law, and who is also prepared to take on a variety of other interesting and engaging legal assignments. Reporting directly to the Chief Legal Officer / General Counsel, the Legal Counsel will work collaboratively with internal business teams to provide legal advice on a broad range of commercial matters.
- Provide legal advice on a broad range of commercial matters, including: commercial leasing, employment law, regulatory compliance, competition/marketing, privacy and trademarks, software agreements.
- Draft, review and negotiate a broad range of commercial agreements.
- Oversee administration of 200+ store retail lease portfolio.
- Participate in projects related to the development of new and innovative services.
- Build trusted relationships and provide support to internal business teams, including Sales, HR, Store Development and Marketing.
- Update legal policies and procedures.
- Develop practical solutions to meet business needs while managing legal and regulatory risks.
- 5+ years of legal experience developed working at a law firm or as in-house counsel.
- Called to the bar and member in good standing with the Law Society of British Columbia.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to work with multiple stakeholders, facilitate consensus and build relationships across the business.
- Prior in-house experience preferred.
- Experience in commercial leasing, employment law or the retail sector considered an asset.
- Ability to establish relationships and trust with business colleagues on projects and strategies.
Why work for us?
- We provide competitive compensation, extended health benefits, annual incentive bonus plan, and RRSP company match program
- We offer career advancement opportunities and challenge our employees to excel in their roles
- We believe in supporting the communities in which we serve and encourage our employees to get involved
- We believe in teamwork and are committed to creating a high-performing team that will help GLENTEL provide superior service to our customers