We are a litigation firm known for our arbitration, trial and appellate success.
Since 2015, have grown through a global pandemic because of our commitment to client service and excellence. With this growth, we are looking to have a talented associate lawyer with 8 to 12 years' insurance defence litigation experience join our collaborative team. Our team members are dynamic and diverse, bringing a wide range of professional and personal experience & skill sets to the table.
While we are known especially for our work in accident benefits (LAT, appeals, priority disputes, loss transfer disputes and WSIAT right to sue applications), we also deal with claims for bodily injury, property damage, arson, fraud, occupiers’ liability, jurisdictional issues and coverage.
We are teachers and mentors. We train our team and clients in adjusting strategies, anti-fraud investigations and risk management/prevention.
As an associate, you would:
- Have carriage of your own files;
- Assist on complex matters with partners;
- Prepare opinions, pleadings, motion records and arbitration/trial materials;
- Conduct EUOs, discoveries, pre-hearings, case conferences, mediations, arbitrations, pre-trials and trials;
- Develop file resolution strategies and engage in settlement negotiations;
- Report to clients; and
- Prepare and give speeches, papers, and training with clients & at industry events.
In addition to a great attitude, here are some qualities that would make for a great fit:
- 8 to 12 years’ of experience in insurance defence litigation;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Strong negotiation and conflict resolution skills;
- Thorough knowledge of the LAT Rules and Rules of Civil Procedure;
- Solid research skills; and
- The ability to prioritize assignments and work in consideration of deadlines to provide outstanding client service.
We have been working remotely since the onset of Covid-19 and will continue with our flexible approach to working remotely going forward. We are industry leaders with our design and investment into technology to promote efficient and seamless work and firm engagement, regardless of where we log on.
Team is also important to us, and we value each member of the firm for their unique skills, experience and perspective. Our competitive compensation and benefits packages are based on experience and regular review of market trends and conditions. Schultz Frost invests in its people to develop both soft and hard skills to excel, grow and work together to provide an exceptional client experience.
Schultz Frost LLP is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome all applications. Should you require accommodation during the recruitment process, please contact our Office and Human Resources Manager Leslie-Ann Reynolds via email.