In an effort to reduce delay and increase efficiency, the following changes (some of which were suggested at the OBA Bail the Boat sessions) will apply to the scheduling of select civil appearances in the Toronto region:
- Elimination of “Placeholder” Motions
- Express Court for Short Motions before an Associate Judge
- Requirement for Parties to Attend a Case Conference for Short Motions Before a Judge for which an Oral Hearing is Required
- Introduction of Calendly
To accommodate the above amendments, changes will be made to the following forms:
- Civil Requisition to Schedule Short Motion or Application form; and,
- Associate Judges’ Construction Lien Motion Request form.
On September 4, 2023, these amendments will be available on the SCJ website.