The Ministry of the Attorney General filed a regulation amending Reg. 194 under the Courts of Justice Act (Rules of Civil Procedure), amending 3 probate application forms, and creating transition rules to permit service and filing of the old forms. The regulation is in force as of July 6, 2023.
The changes include:
- Form Amendments to Forms 74A, 74J and 74.1A to simplify and improve the experience.
- The new Forms 74A and 74J can be served and filed as of July 6, 2023.
- The new Form 74.1A can be served as of July 6, 2023, and can be filed as of August 8, 2023.
- A grace period for filing previous versions of the Forms:
- The previous versions of Forms 74A and 74J (dated February 1, 2022) may continue to be served and filed until November 3, 2023
- The previous version of Form 74.1A (dated February 1, 2022) may continue to be served until October 2, 2023, and filed until November 3, 2023
- Previous versions of the Forms will not be accepted for filing on or after November 4, 2023.
Review Ontario Regulation 188/23 here. Read the posting on Ontario’s Regulatory Registry here.