We are looking to add an Outbound and Inbound Calling Representative to our team. In this position, you will be contacting members and our broader constituency to sell membership, service offerings and events held by our association. In addition, to selling memberships and events, you will also make sure that the members and customers you are speaking with are finding value in the products and services we are delivering. Calling will include outreach to members to ensure we are delivering the services they need and to promote complimentary services available to them. Inbound calls that support member engagement and increased membership may be assigned to this role from time-to-time.
- Develop an understanding of member and/or customer needs and define ways we are able to meet them with the services and products we have available to them by maintaining a high level of association and product knowledge
- Meet with management and other stakeholders to provide feedback on products, member value opportunities and other information gained through member and customer interaction
- Maintain a high level of professionalism and confidentiality as you will be dealing with member and customer information
- Deliver a quality of service that will exceed customer expectations
- Accurately document customer interactions to ensure consistency in reporting and metrics related to call activity and customer engagement
- Apply techniques offered in training and ongoing coaching for continuous improvement towards sales and performance targets and meet call volume targets established by Manager, including related logging and follow up
Who We're Looking For:
You are a self-motivated, goal-oriented sales professional who loves connecting with people and getting to know more about them. You have a friendly, positive, and persuasive approach. You are pro-active in learning about the services, benefits, products, and overall value that our association offers. You are computer savvy and can easily use more than one application simultaneously. Bilingualism in French is an asset, as is Knowledge of IMIS software applications.
It is important that you:
- Have a strong sales orientation with demonstrated success
- Are comfortable with working up to 7 hours a day on the phone making and receiving calls
- Have excellent listening, oral, and written communication skills
- Possess solid computer skills and an aptitude for learning new software
- Competitive hourly rates based on experience
- Schedules set in two week increments based on work volume/campaigns
- We are open 5 days a week from 9 am to 5 pm, and are willing to work with the successful candidate to prepare fixed periotic schedules
- This position is remote for the time being
As this job will allow for access to member and customer personal information, we may elect to conduct a criminal background check on any candidates that proceed to the final stage of the hiring process. This will be done at the OBA’s expense, but the candidate will be required to provide consent and any other necessary information and to complete required forms.
The OBA’s hiring practices reflect our diversity statement and our commitment to equality, diversity, and inclusion. OBA Diversity Statement
Also pursuant to the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act 2005 (AODA), if you require accommodation at any stage of the interview process, please contact our human resources department by e-mail at; email@example.com so that appropriate arrangements can be made.
Interested candidates should forward a cover letter and resume to; Tracy L. Dallas, Director of Human Resources & LCI at firstname.lastname@example.org.