About the Award
This Award was established to recognize, honour and celebrate the outstanding achievements of Ontario Bar Association members practising in the area of health law in the province of Ontario.
The Award is named for the late Susan Hilary Davidson, in recognition of her excellence and dedication as a lawyer specializing in the practice of health law. Susan was a dedicated member of the Ontario Bar Association throughout her legal career, and a leader of the Health Law Section. She actively served on the OBA Health Law Section executive, holding the offices of Chair, Past Chair and Program Coordinator. She was responsible for introducing many of her health law colleagues to the OBA as well as encouraging them to become Executive Members in the Health Law Section.
Criteria for Selection
This Award recognizes exceptional contributions and achievements by an Ontario Bar Association member practicing in the area of health law, including some or all of the following:
- Outstanding contributions to and membership in the OBA Health Law Section;
- Outstanding legal contributions to the practice of health law;
- Embodiment of the spirit of professionalism, volunteerism and collegiality;
- Outstanding contributions in the development of health law through scholarly and other writing and through public speaking on health law issues;
- Outstanding mentorship contributions to other lawyers through personally sharing knowledge, experience and skills;
- Other exemplary achievements in the area of health law;
- Must be a current member of the OBA.
Any individual not including current Health Law Section Executive Members and the immediate Past Chair, who is an OBA member in good standing.
The award is usually presented at a designated event, the date of which is to be established on an annual basis.
A nomination requires the signature of one OBA member in good standing. To assist the Committee, each nomination shall be accompanied by a one or two page summary of the reasons for the nomination.
Deadline for Applications
Your completed nomination package must be received by the OBA (by any means) on or before Friday, March 22nd, 2019 - 5:00 pm
The Committee shall choose the recipient of the Award from the candidates submitted through the Nomination process.
A plaque is presented to the recipient.
(800) 668-8900 or (416) 869-1047 x 339
2018 Award Recipient
Torkin Manes LLP
The OBA Health Law Section is pleased to announce Lisa Corrente, Partner at Torkin Manes LLP as the recipient of the 2018 OBA Susan Hilary Davidson Memorial Award for Excellence in Health Law.
Lisa Corrente was honoured at an award dinner on Tuesday, June 5, 2018 at Twenty Toronto Street Conferences and Events.
Past Award Recipient
2017 - Mary Jane Dykeman, Dykeman & O’Brien LLP