About the Award
The ADR Award of Excellence recognizes exceptional contributions and/or achievements in Alternative Dispute Resolution in two or more of the following areas: Excellence in the practice of ADR; Participation in continuing legal education at the OBA, Canadian Bar Association, Law Society of Ontario or other organizations on ADR issues; Writing and teaching on ADR issues; Mentoring of other persons in ADR; Participation in law reform initiatives that touch upon ADR; and Promotion of the use of, and generally providing leadership in ADR.
The nominee must be a member of the CBA/OBA in good standing, but cannot be a member of the current Executive Committee of the section.
The following criteria will be considered in determining the recipient of the Award.
- Excellence in the practice of ADR;
- Participation in continuing legal education at the OBA, Canadian Bar Association, Law Society of Ontario or other organizations on ADR issues;
- Writing and teaching on ADR issues;
- Mentoring of other persons in ADR;
- Participation in law reform initiatives that touch upon ADR; and
- Promotion of the use of, and generally providing leadership in ADR.
The nominee must qualify under at least two of the criteria set out above.
A nomination requires the signature of one OBA member in good standing. To assist the Committee, each nomination shall be accompanied by a summary of the reasons for the nomination.
The award is presented usually in the Fall of the current year.
A plaque is presented to the recipient.
Chair, Alternative Dispute Resolution
(800) 668-8900 or (416) 869-1047 ext. 312
To Inquire About Sponsorship Opportunities:
Manager of Sponsorship and Fundraising
(800) 668-8900 or (416) 869-1047 ext. 406
2017 Award Recipient
Founder/Owner, Cinergy Conflict Management
The OBA Alternative Dispute Resolution Section proudly to celebrates Cinnie Noble, Founder/Owner, Cinergy Conflict Management as the recipient of the 2017 OBA Award of Excellence for Alternative Dispute Resolution.
Past recipient winners of the Award for Excellence in Alternative Dispute Resolution include:
- 2017 - Cinnie Noble
- 2016 - Jonathan T. Fidler
- 2015 - Harvey J. Kirsh
- 2014 - Hilary Linton, Toronto
- 2013 - R. Roy McMurtry, Q.C., Toronto
- 2012 - Philip Epstein, Q.C., Toronto
- 2011 - Barry B. Fisher, Toronto
- 2010 - The Honourable MR. Robert N. Beaudoin, Ottawa
- 2009 - Paul M. Iacono, Q.C., Toronto
- 2008 - The Honourable Warren K. Winkler, Toronto
- 2007 - Anne E. Grant, Toronto
- 2006 - Allan J. Stitt - Toronto
- 2005 - Leslie Macleod - Toronto
- 2004 - Rick Weiler - Toronto
- 2003 - Kathleen Kelly - Toronto
- 2002 - Dr. Barbara Landau - Toronto
- 2001 - Donald E. Short - Toronto
- 2000 - Joint recipients - D. Paul Emond & June Maresca - both of Toronto (Maresca - now a Judge)
- 1999 - Genevieve A. Chornenki - Toronto