Financial Services Exclusively for the Legal Community

  • March 07, 2017

As a CBA member, you have direct access to insurance and investment products offered through the Canadian Bar Insurance Association (CBIA). Significant buying power allows CBIA to work with insurers to develop and offer quality protection and wealth products – many that aren’t available anywhere else – at extremely competitive rates.

Authorized independent advisors (AIA) provide you with expert advice and unique access to financial services designed exclusively for the legal community. As a not-for-profit organization, success is measured in satisfied clients, not dollars. And, at all times, a board of directors, comprised of lawyers from across Canada, actively oversees all activities to ensure that they are in the best interest of the legal profession.

Loyalty and CBA Member Discounts on Financial Products

We believe in rewarding loyal customers. As your RRSP account balance grows, you will benefit from even lower Investment Management Fees (IMFs). Most of our starting IMFs are already lower than you’d find on the street.  Account balances between $50,000 and $499,999 enjoy an IMF reduction of 0.15%. Account balances of $500,000 or more enjoy an additional reduction of 0.10% for a total reduction of 0.25%.

But that’s not all!  CBA members enjoy an additional discount of 0.40%.  The CBA member discount can be combined with loyalty discounts leading to significant savings and helping you grow your assets faster.

New Products to Meet Your Needs

Our vision is to be the trusted provider of choice for insurance and financial products to the legal profession.  Unlike a typical association program, we don’t simply endorse a financial company’s products. We employ insurance and investment experts who, with the assistance of actuaries, design products to meet the needs and reflect the special characteristics of the legal community, at a cost that provides both superior value and stability. We take our mandate very seriously and regularly review existing products as well as introduce new plans to meet the needs of lawyers and their staff.  In 2017, we will be launching new Travel Insurance and Commercial Law Office Insurance programs which will be among the best in Canada and very competitively priced. We will also be launching an improved BarGroup plan providing a high quality, low-priced employee benefits plan for small law firms.

Solutions for You and Your Law Firm

Comprehensive insurance and financial offerings include: life, health, disability, business expense, critical illness, and home and auto insurance, as well as RRSPs, TFSAs and more. We also offer group benefit and group pension plans for law firms.

Simply put, providing expert advice along with high quality insurance and financial products at low rates for lawyers, their families and staff is all we do!

See What We Can Do For You

We invite you to visit or and browse our products. You can even sign up for our financial products online – in a few simple steps. Or, connect with your local Authorized Independent Advisor. Our AIAs understand the demands of a busy legal professional. They can be trusted to provide you with expert advice while respecting your time. To be connected with your local CBIA Authorized Independent Advisor, call 1-800-267-2242 or visit

[0] Comments